CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

So Proud of my girls!!

Got a call from the school on Monday afternoon. They were calling to inform me that since my girls were in the top percentage of their class they were both being offered the opportunity to skip 8th grade math for next year and go straight to Algebra 1. Still not quite sure how they got so smart! lol We talked it over and Dakota decided right away that she didn't want to do it. She wanted to go ahead with 8th grade math next year. Jordan took a little longer to decide. She wanted to, but then she wasn't sure! lol But in the end, she opted to stick with 8th grade math also. I'm actually very pleased with their decisions. While I am SOOOOOOO very proud of them for being given the chance, I also know that they are so active and so involved in so many things at school that I just don't want them to feel overwhelmed with taking on a Freshman class. I want them to be able to keep up their grades, all their extra curricular activities and not feel totally stressed over a harder class. But I just had to brag on them for being given the chance to do this!! They are such great girls!!

Looks like we've had a slight change of plans for this coming weekend too. Dakota will still be going to Race 1:14 in OKC with the FCA group. But Jordan has decided to stay here and go to the first trap shoot of the season. It was a pretty tough decision for her, but she really doesn't want to miss any trap shoots this year, because they start keeping score at the first one and I think she's got a really good shot at being in the top 3 at least, if not better!! Plus I guess this gives the girls a chance to spend a little time away from each other. Funny thing is, I'll bet anything that they'll be texting each other the whole time. They crack me up, they get so mad at each other and want the other one to just go away, but when they are apart, they miss each other like crazy! lolll

I'll try and blog again on Monday and let everyone know how Dakota's trip went and how Jordan does at her trap shoot!! Have a great week everyone!!

No comments: