CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March Update! (3/10/10)

So glad that it's almost Springtime! I'm really tired of ice and snow. We've had more this year than we've had in several years. Good for the moisture that we needed, but I'm ready for some warmer weather!!

Ed finally got him an older pickup to pump out of, so I officially have my truck back! lol I love it. Took me 3 hours to clean it up after he had been using it to pump out of for about 9 months though! lol But it looks like a new one again!!

Girls are keeping me super busy as always!! Jordan was named "Student of the Month" for January. They pick them the following month, so she found out the middle of February! She was pretty excited and I am so proud of her. Quite an accomplishment to be chosen out of all the 7th, 8th and 9th graders for the Jr. High. Esp. being new to Hooker Schools this year!! Both of the girls once again made the Superintendent's Honor Roll this nine weeks!! They will get their report cards this coming Friday! Pretty proud of them!! (as if you couldn't tell! lol) Track season is officially underway!! They have their first meet this coming Friday (12th) in Boise City!! Jordan is also trying out for cheerleader this year. She's been attending cheer clinics all week and practicing at home. Tryouts are tomorrow (11th) after school. I sure hope she makes it. I really think she has a pretty good shot at it as long as they have impartial judges! lol (cause we all know how you get those that will vote for a certain person because of who his/her parents are, ect...) But overall, I think she has a pretty good chance! Keeping my fingers crossed for her!! Dakota is still doing great with her pitching. Been a long winter though and she's sure ready to get back to going once a week instead of maybe once a month depending on the weather! lol Softball season is right around the corner, so she's getting really excited about that.

Spring Break is next week, the girls and I are going to Laverne on Monday morning and picking up Grandma Margie, then we're all going up to KS to see Mom for a few days! Gonna be so much fun having a girls only vacation!! :o) We're gonna go shopping all day Tuesday and Wednesday with Mom and then Grandma Margie and I will come back home on Thursday. The girls are gonna spend the rest of the week with Grandma Trish and Pa Larry. Then I'll meet Mom half way on Sunday to pick them up again! We are all getting really excited. Girls have been saving their money and working around here to earn some more so they will have lots to shop with! lol

Hard to believe that we are getting ready to start the last 9 weeks of the girls' 7th grade year. This year went by faster than I ever thought possible. Seems like just yesterday I was sending them off to a new school and hoping that they liked it. And of course, they loved it! They have both made a lot of friends, are very active in everything and of course have made excellent grades all year. I'm so very proud of both of my girls. They are very sweet, caring, mature young ladies and they have so much going for them. I have a feeling they are both going to do great things with their lives!!

That about catches everyone up again. I'll be sure to take some pics of our "girls' vacation" next week and update this when we get home. Hope everyone is having a great March!!!

No comments: